> Yeah, what is it with that AP Circle and Rt 66.   Profiling?

I was wondering if someone would bring that up.

No, it's not profiling.

Given that I work on the circle and go around it 10 times a day-  I
probably see more WHITE looking people stopped. For some reason, the
APP ran THAT story. It must be the AP angle.

I'm even afraid I'd get puled over for a dirty car.

They look for the simple things first:
1. Inspection Sticker
2. run plates looking for registration
3. plates (same front and back)
4. drinking from a brown paper bag
5. smoking something that doesn't look like a cig
6. cell phone usage
7. seat belt

Ever get snagged in one of those Div of Motor Vehicle traps??

Allenhurst profiles people they THINK are from Brooklyn. So I'm told.

People in Deal also panic if they see someone who they think doesn't
belong walking down norwood ave....

I found a stolen bike last year (stolen from my kid). The kid who was
riding it wasn't from AP. He was from Deal. Glad I found it, so my
kids could learn to lock it up. It got stolen again.

The Interlaken sentry keeps an eye on kids that might cross the line
on foot, then come home on a bike.