Memorial vandalized for third time in  year   11/13/07
HOWELL — For the third time in a year, vandals have defaced the Sept. 11,
2001, memorial at Newtons Corner Road and Memorial Drive, formerly Jacob
Drive.
"It really sickens me," Councilman Michael Howell said. "I just don't
understand the mind set of kids that would do something like this."
Howell said he believes the repeated vandalism is the work of neighborhood
juveniles.
"You'd like to think it wouldn't be an adult," he said....
On Jan. 5, Milanowycz and her husband reported the first case of vandalism,
which involved the theft of solar lights. Over the summer, the couple say
vandals again stole and destroyed lights at the memorial, but this time vandals

stole American flags that marked the stones affixed with names of the Howell
residents who died that day.
The Milanowyczs spent Saturday refurbishing the memorial and say they have
spent close to $1,000 repairing the damage left by vandals over the past
year....
Howell said he will discuss the latest attack with other members of the
council to see what can be done to stop the memorial's defacement.
Police officials say they have increased patrols in the neighborhood and that
 a 10 p.m. curfew remains in place.
Full story:  _APP.COM  - Memorial vandalized for third time in year | Asbury
Park Press Online_
(http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071113/NEWS01/711130347/1004/)