--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Traderdube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Case in point is the nonsensical BS surrounding the little league
field.
> That was such a piece of crap story. Where are the leaders of the
> community and why wasn't their voices screaming out against the BS?
> Reidy, the Mayor, Bruno, the Bd of Ed, the school administration.

Government in AP I've come to realize is like living in a family. You
build up defenses and mechanisms and ways of interacting with spouses,
parents, children and siblings. Sometimes the noise of the past keep
us from hearing or seeing what is NOW. We don't really listen
sometimes. You build up positions like a military operation and refuse
to budge.

Take for instance the city and the BOE. Why be at an impasse? I am
sure the condemnation of the BOE headquarters is a sore point. I am
sure there are even other circumstances I am not aware of. We have to
stop being prisoners of the past. We have to recognize that perhaps we
were wrong, or even if we were not and the other was, how long do they
have to pay for it?

And for some reason there is a tendency not to be open in AP (and I
assume most places). I give a person/entity more credit when they say
"I made a mistake." Move one.

I don't suggest singing kumbaya around the camp fire, but there has to
be a realization that we are all in the same boat. Ultimately I
believe most want to get to the same place but just have different
ways of getting there.

I know the city was aware of the BOE's position of standing in the way
of the LL field. Whay was done to bridge the gap I don't know. Nor do
I know why if nothing was done. Frank was courageous and spoke out.

So instead of placing blame we move forward and fix the problem. That
is always my solution. What needs to be done to fix the problem. All
else is meaningless.