On November 5, 2006 I created a post here titled:

Donating to Asbury Park Little League - Should We?

Here is what I wrote:

"I'm really stuck on the answer here.

I have a blog post about the issue on www.JustifiedRight.com in the
Jersey Shore Blog section, that gives the pro and con.

Please take a read, and hopefully leave a comment there to let me know
what you think. I'm looking for some guidance from you.

Thanks - Tommy"

Here is the blog post I made that day:
No Asbury Baseball; Where Does $59 Million Go Each Year?
Asbury Park being  an Abbott School District, the Board of Education
gets hosed down with money from the state government, to the tune of
about $59 million each year
<http://www.state.nj.us/cgi-bin/education/stateaid/06/stateaid_cb2.pl> .

Yet, this school system can't seem to supply a thing to it's students,
always crying that they are broke.

A couple of years ago Asbury Park's Gay and Lesbian community threw
together some last minute money to save a class trip because the school
had no money for a bus.

The writing class in one of the grammar schools recently had no printer,
so the kids couldn't see their work.

The High School is racially segregated because most of the white kids
who are supposed to be going there get bused to Red Bank Regional High
School.  Why?  The State Department of Education says Red Bank has a
better music program (with $59 Million Asbury should be able to hire
Bruce Springsteen to teach music).

Earlier this year I saw two kids and their mom on Main and Sunset with a
tin can collecting money for one of the grammar schools.

Now take a read of this article
<http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061105/NEWS01/611050443\
/1004> :  The Board of Education has some horrid piece of land that kids
are trying to play Little League Baseball on, but the place is really a
wreck.  A nice gentleman needs to raise $300,000.00 to fix it up, and he
is looking for donations.

This is a tough one.  On the one hand, I want to brake my bank and help
these kids.  On the other hand, should I fix up a piece of property
belonging to a Board of Ed that I already give $59 Million to each year,
which clearly gets wasted?

So, to give or not to give?  That's the question.  What's the answer?