Taken from the article on theatre restoration..." The $850,000
renovation of the State Theater, which dates to 1916, when it opened as
the Lyric, was led by Mr. Moore. He coaxed an army of volunteers and
professional electricians, carpet installers, carpenters and other
craftsman to execute the project in just six weeks.

Though it was a highly impressive endeavor by an Academy Award-winning
director in his adopted community, it was not unique. The State is one
of some two dozen historic movie and performing arts theater
restorations occurring this year in small cities around the nation,
according to the League of Historic American Theaters in Baltimore."

Our next mayor, Le Hinge makes the point that Larry Fishman is allowing
The Baronet to waste away and that is oh so true. Despite repeated calls
and letters from myself and my partners who helped open the Baronet, not
only can we not get the rest of our equipment from the theatre, we can't
even discussing a lease on the theatre so that we can finish what we
started. The grass roots effort of so many people helped get the Baronet
going last year. Fishman, and Deputy Mayor Bruno even read into the
record a letter that plainly stated their devotion to the Arts in Asbury
and the continuation of the theatre. Fishman, lying all the way, made
promise after promise before Fasano sold him the theatre, that he would
allow us to continue running the theatre. Obviously that is not the
case. Asbury Lanes, The Fast Lane, and The Baronet are a natural and
real historic Arts District that would be an inexpensive and easy means
of adding a terrific draw to Asbury Park. Hedwig, pre-Fishman, was
drawing 300-400 per performance. Independent film premiers sold out the
theatre pre-Fishman. Once Fishman took over, and we were denied access
to the building, things went downhill fast. That this is way it is with
Fishman is no excuse. Fishman had to see that the passion of the people
to restore the Baronet was overwhelming, but why would he care what the
people who live work and recreate in AP want. Sadly, the 100 grand we
sunk into The Baronet goes to waste and Fishman will one day get his way
and knock down a truly historic and a damned beautiful little theatre.

As for Rev Kev's remark that the theatre  would make a good house of
worship. That is just what Asbury needs another non-tax paying  entity
on the blocks. If anyone who wants to can't find a place to pray in
Asbury Park, they must not really want to pray.

I still hold out hope that Mottolla and MM get control of the Baronet,
when I broached the historic arts district to him, he expressed interest.