--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good question. I wish I had an answer. Reading Fishman's comments at
the end of that article
> makes my blood boil.

Well those are perhaps a key to the whole thing.

"Fishman said he could not discuss if his company could decrease the
amount of money it is to make from the Esperanza as the master developer."

Is Metro using this as a lever in its negotiations with Partners? Why
are we being used as a bargaining chip?

Not having something built there is better than having something
(again) unfinished. Which is why when I was fighting the ability of
Metro to rebuild to the old C-8 height when the plan said it could not
if demolished I was against giving Metro a gift.

The developer is not your buddy. While you can cooperate, it is a
naturally adversarial role that a city must take. Who is our friend now?

Something doesn't make sense. If this was intended to be a temporary
postponement to regroup and line up additional financing and equity,
why not keep it quiet? No one would have noticed a slowdown during the
winter.