It looks so sad and desolate down there right now.
It appears that the apt. building behind the Wonder Bar in now vacant, so with
the closed
WB, the stalled construction site, the terrible condition that Kingsley is in
and the area
around The Baronet looking forgotten...it just looks sad.
The Esperanza construction so far looks like the beginnings of a parking
garage. Maybe
they should complete it as that, and move forward with new plans that do away
with the
push for condos, and really develop the whole area as an arts/entertainment
zone.
Once again, Austin TX comes to mind for me as a good model.
Another interesting thing about Austin is that they've also developed a
thriving film and
video production industry there. I wonder if something like that could be
possible.