--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, lightgrw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think the think that bothers people the most is that - at least from
> an outsider's perspective - it doesn't appear that the Council holds
> Asbury Partners accountable for either their actions or the contract
> originally signed.

I think that has been for true for a few reasons, but I think it is
beginning to change. Firstly, I think the council, like most long-time
APers feared more litigation. Afraid to rock the boat. That began to
change as Partners jerked the council's chain for a few years.

Secondly, I think they were and have been given bad legal advice from
Aaron, or at least the advice that there was nothing they could do.

>  There has been too many loopholes, including those
> set up in the original deal which gave them leeway in case of lawsuits,
> which have really kept things moving at a snail's pace.

This is a point I always come back to when I assess Aaron. Although I
think some things surrounding the deal "smell to high heaven" it is
all circumstantial. But in the end I always come back to the fact that
Aaron let the city sign an agreement that halted all time frame
requirements (what little there were) if there was litigation against
the WRP when there was in fact such litigation in existence at the
time. So in essence, time frame were halted the moment the agreement
was signed. Aaron knew or should have know. Its one or the other.

So, my first recommendation to the city is to get a new redevelopment
attorney. I would want a heavy weight - McCarter English, a heavy
weight in the US and NJ. It won't be cheap, but will be money well spent.