Another thing just came to mind.
We have no idea what the future of the ESP is going to be. For all we know,
what has been
built might wind up sitting there rotting away for years.
But, what they have started looks like the beginnings of a parking garage,
which is exactly
what would be needed if the area became an entertainment/dining/arts district.