Is it possible that Metro is also looking at the sales figures for some
of the other projects like the Steinbach's building and blaming the
housing market in Asbury Park as much or more than national housing
problems.

I'm not sure how many people have moved into places like the Steinbach's
building but it doesn't seem like there are ever that many lights on at
night.  About a month ago I was talking to someone who lived there and
they said there was like one other apartment rented on their floor.

Maybe they realized they might be stuck with a half sold building if
they continued.   If that was part of their thinking at all then doesn't
it beg the question of whether or not the entire plan for the oceanfront
was truly sound in being so heavy towards residential?