Growing up in New Jersey, I first got involved with the environment
through local Republican politicians.   Around here, it's kind of hard
to get elected unless the ocean and beaches matter to you.   I never
understood why global warming was a partisan issue either.  Apparently,
too many Republicans feel the need to do whatever Rush Limbaugh tells
them to do and believe whatever he says they should believe.