> Tommy if the funds are held in an ATTORNEY escrow account and a
> developer makes a statement in fact that hey "halted construction"
> wouldn't the attorney holding those funds cut a check back if
someone
> asked? It's pretty obvious that target dates will not be met.
>
> What would happen if those 70 (20?) people with contracts filed a
> complaint to the BAR? (skip the beer jokes)

As of this moment in time, I doubt there has been any defaults under
the contracts.

When an attorney is escrow agent, they can't release funds until
both sides agree (even if one side is wrong).

Metro is likely asserting that all those folks in contract are still
under contract.

If the buyer disagrees, they will have to file suit.

The escrow agent (attorney) is allowed to file suit to ask the court
to settle the dispute too.