REDIRECTION:

Stop talking about your subject and restrict yourself to my narrow world view.

REDIRECTION.

On Dec 27, 2007, at 4:46 PM, justifiedright wrote:

OBFUSCATION:

All those words below and nothing from you about Pinch saying he'd
root for an enemy soldier against an American soldier.

OBFUSCATION.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Mario" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Grasping at Straws (G.A.S.)
>
> 1999
>
> Publication of The Trust: The Private and Powerful Family Behind
the New
> York Times. Authors Tifft and Jones had previously unavailable
access to
> members of the Sulberger family and produced the most "tell all"
> book to date. In one of their interviews, Arthur Sulzberger, Jr.,
in a
> self-deprecating moment, tells an anecdote about a question his
father
> asked him in 1971, when he was 20 years old: "the dumbest question
I've
> ever heard in my life...."
>
> At the end of The Trust, the authors imply their general
favorability,
> despite some of the "dirty laindry" when they quote writer
> Talese's abiding 30-year-old hope: ''Where can people [go] who have
> values and a sense of right and wrong, of standards. . . I think
today,
> the Sulzberger family and The New York Times [are] our only hope.''
>
> Business Week called it one of the top 10 books of 1999, and it was
> named a National Book Critics' Award finalist.
>
> ===============================
>
> 2001
>
> How I Accidentally Joined the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy (and Found
> Inner Peace) is written by neo-con Harry Stein who lifted that one
> paragraph by Sulberger from the 1999 Trust book.
>
> =====================================
>
> 2003 Stanley Kurtz writes in the conservative The National Review:
>
> The problem is Arthur Sulzberger Jr., and he's not going away. In
his
> wonderful book, How I Accidentally Joined the Vast Right Wing
Conspiracy
> (and Found Inner Peace), Harry Stein lays out the disturbing facts
about
> "Pinch" Sulzberger. (Sulzberger's father was nicknamed "Punch,"
and the
> none too flattering nickname for Junior is "Pinch.")
>
> Pinch was a political activist in the Sixties, and was twice
arrested in
> anti-Vietnam protests. One day, the elder Sulzberger asked his son
what
> Pinch calls, "the dumbest question I've ever heard in my life." If
an
> American soldier runs into a North Vietnamese soldier, which would
you
> like to see get shot? Young Arthur answered, "I would want to see
the
> American get shot. It's the other guy's country."
>
> The question gets two hits today on Google. The answer get 6 hits.
Kurtz
> mistakenly identifies Sulzberger as the owner of the NYT, but it
is a
> publicly owned company.

===\
> ====
>
> 12/23/2007, 10:18:32P.M.justifiedright writes:
>
> I'll take Reverend Moon over Salzburger, the owner of the NY Times
> anyday, particularly since Salzburger said this:
>
> Pinch was a political activist in the Sixties, and was twice
arrested in
> anti-Vietnam protests. One day, the elder Sulzberger
> asked his son what Pinch calls, "the dumbest question I've ever
heard in
> my life." If an American soldier runs into a North
> Vietnamese soldier, which would you like to see get shot? Young
Arthur
> answered, "I would want to see the American get shot. It's
> the other guy's country."
>
> You want to see an American soldier get shot? Treason. What a
bastard.
> I'll take Moon.

> Moon's controversial views regarding church and state, Jews and the
> Holocaust, homosexuality, and the role of women are documented at
Wiki.

> Cherry picking to suit one's point of point? Politics of Personal
> Discussion?
>
> Can I call the pope a fascist because he was a member of Hitler
Youth
> when he was 14 and rejoined the Nazis after the seminary even
though he
> could have been exempt as a member of the clergy. What about the
> Christians condoning slavery as being consistent by the Bible. And
the
> Vatican's Concordat with Hitler?
>
> Wondering why more don't consider General / President
> Eisenhower's warnings, at the top of his game and experience, about
> the military Industrial complex back in 1961.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdrGKwkmxAU
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdrGKwkmxAU>
>
> "In the councils of government, we must guard against the
> acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,
by the
> militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise
of
> misplaced power exists and will persist.
>
> "We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our
> liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for
granted.
> Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper
meshing
> of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our
> peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may
prosper
> together." Military-Industrial Complex Speech, Dwight D.
Eisenhower,