Before my triCity piece on the Guardian Angels ran, I sent a version
over to the Press, redacting all the parts that were critical of
their paper.  I wanted them to run it in their commentary section.

I thought it was important that they were reporting on this and not
mentioning that Sliwa came and went 25 years ago.  I thought the
other side should get some print; fair journalism.

Of course they didn't run it (they never run what I send them).

The third article they ran this week on the topic was Sunday.  It
started with an explanation from Sliwa about why it didn't work last
time (the first the Press even mentioned they were here then).

What did Sliwa do?  He blamed the people of Asbury Park.
Riiiiiiiight.   Not his fault.  Always ours.

I was disappointed our new High School principal went to the meeting
and was quoted as saying things positive.  Sliwa is recruiting 16
year olds.  I don't even want to type the horrible headline I can
see in the future.  Taking down gang-bangers is NOT for kids.

I should have let someone else sign that column and had them send it
over to the Press.

Kills me that they will let an important point go by the wayside
because of their dislike of me.

That's why Monmouth and Ocean County needs the Star Ledger.  Right
now one man, Skip Hidlay, controls the flow in information in two
counties.

That's not good.