In a message dated 1/11/2008 2:05:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

No  flames intended! Just was giving simple examples, MOST people can
understand.  The only argument I have is, you can't clump blame on everyone!

,  [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:  Sharon,  While I appreciate your "Economics 101"
lesson, don't muddy the water
Sharon's Economics 101 lesson was an echo of what Fannie Mae's president,
Daniel Mudd, had to say at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce news conference
earlier
this week.  He reminded those who believe "The old rules  don't apply," that
"The old rules do apply."  I listened to his remarks  because he gave simple
examples that laymen like me could understand.

Daniel Mudd talked about the housing market and subprime mortgage  crisis and
the broader implications for the U.S. economy. He outlined  measures to ease
the crisis and reforms for the future. Topics included  preventing
foreclosures by freezing loan rate increases and refinancing  loans, creating
innovative
but high-quality new financial instruments,  public awareness and education
campaigns, and regulating the mortgage market  differently. He responded to
questions from members of the  audience.

_U.S.  Economy and the Housing Market 203451-2 : C-SPAN Video Library,
Created by  Cable. Offered as a Public Service._
(http://www.c-spanarchives.org/library/index.php?main_page=product_video_info&products_id=203451-2)