I forgot to mention the Wonder Bar and my glee to see that it's coming back
in my 2 cents posted on Asbury Radio. Like to get your feedback. This is
basically what I posted:

Motolla's Plans Stir  Hope & Questions
The president and  financial head of Madison Marquette Investments, Gary
Motolla, must have mined every big name in  the area over the past few months
put together his star-studded cast for  the boardwalk's revival.
We don't see any  clunkers among the names we recognized, but are saddened
not to see  Eddie Gaspar's restaurant in the First Avenue  Pavilion  (formerly
The Tides) missing from the press release and news  report. Maybe we missed it.
We'd like to see more  transparency in these announcements and plans. The
announcement yesterday was  termed a “press conference”, but we didn't get the
feeling there were a lot of  press questions answered, from the report by Nancy
Shields in the APP, and we  don't see anything in the Star-Ledger today.
Channel 12 had a report last night,  which seemed pretty much a replay of the
press release with some local shots of  the boardwalk.
What's nagging at us  --
We agree  wholeheartedly with Mottola that the city can't come back without a
concerted  effort to stimulate all its facets, including things seemingly as
diverse as the  downtown business district and our educational system.
Mottola's  willingness to take on the residential developments, since Charles
-- tear
 down that old historic carousel house, it's in my way -- Kushner decided to
dump  Wesley Lake and run is wise, too. How can you say come and have a great
time  when those empty windows are gaping at tourists like so many open
mouths? But  what about the impossible deal Asbury Partners left hanging in the
air,
which  amounts to tentacles that remain in the project long after the
property  deed is signed over?
We're talking about,  in addition to the per unit development rights of about
$100k per, the  7% piece on the sale of every unit, and $20,000 per unit for
the  infrastructure improvement reimbursement, and the Partners’ retention of
all  commercial rights on the sites. This is the piece of the story that never
 gets discussed. When we’ve brought it up, we’re quickly hushed  up.
This is why the  developers have been trying to achieve mission impossible -
build quality units  with skilled labor with the best materials, and sell at
market  rates, while giving the Partners their share -- and ride out a
Recession,  and a credit and real estate Crash. No wonder it caved in.
In the Press,  Hugh Lamle,  of  MD Sass, a partner in Asbury Partners, hinted
at needing to help  Dean Geibel of Metro Homes, whose building the  Esperanza
is now suspended in  animation, a cold reminder on the same piece of land as
the famous symbol  of the last fiasco. "He got caught in this national
financing debacle,"  Lamle's quoted saying. Was it the “national debacle” or a
far
more local one?  Perhaps the Partners' Mission Impossible Deal?
He can’t do much about  the national economy but is Lamle willing to change
this impossible agreement?  Loosen the handcuffs?
Mottola is quoted  saying he needs to negotiate a subsequent redeveloper
agreement with the  city for the boardwalk plans and an agreement on the
Kushner
properties. Is  this when the tentacles of the existing contracts with Asbury
Partners will  bare their slimy barbs? Isn't the city itself, mum at yesterday’
s press  conference, also negotiating yet another agreement with the Partners
-- the  global settlement agreement?
Was Kushner's decision  to pull out prompted at all by his unwillingness to
fork over 7% of the sale of  the Wesley  Grove units to Asbury Partners?
Twenty-two have been sold; we'd like to know if 7% of those sale prices went to

the Partners. It's time the residents and officials of Asbury Park knew the
details of these deals.
And, by the way, where  is Cherokee Investments? Last time we looked they
were 50% of Asbury Partners.  Don't they have a say in this? Our former
redevelopment attorney Jimmy Aaron said Cherokee put $30 million into the
Partners’
pot. Did they sell their share? If so, who bought it?
We have a right to be  in the loop, because it is our taxes, our businesses
and our homes on the  line.
If we're entering a  new phase with Madison Marquette let’s be sure we're on
equal  footing. We can't be if only some parties know the details. Otherwise
the plans  sound wonderful.

Maureen Nevin
Asbury Radio -"The Radio Voice of Asbury  Park" -Silenced by the FCC, but
why??
88.1FM - "6" Years on the Air!!   Would've been 7 this July...
Asbury's Own Live Talk Show_mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/post?postID=rHJIZqKLU40eDTc2KMHNHZwPoANfvykUf-QXIwGa01YupXx_FS
gz9T8CYowEoqrp7AvGNPp3ZyP4oWOTuAg)
601  Bangs Avenue  - Forced from here by FCC...
Listen 8 - 10 PM Thursdays on  88.1FM or Ooops, see below...
Listen Live or Later on the Web _http://www.asburyradio.com/_
(http://www.asburyradio.com/)
Call the show 732-775-0821 oops, not since  the FCC visited this litte
100watt station - four times!!
Call  me 732-774-0779 fax 502-0463  Still can call this number...
Speak up - It's  America!!