Yes, it is great that the city definitely drew a line in the sand
demanding a response in 72 hours - and did so publically for everyone
to see.  But whenever someone does that they need to first consider
how to:

1.  continue to make the process transparent so people know they are
actually doing more than making a single statement for the press with
nothing behind it

2.  proceed should the line in the sand be crossed.  You've got to
think through that first or the people on the other side of the
ultimatum quickly realize you're not serious.

The deafening silence leads me to believe that the city never really
thought through what would happen once Metro failed to respond, and
now with no plan to back their threats have nothing to share with the
residents Asbury that doesn't make them look silly for having been so
forceful in the beginning.

I may be wrong - there may be tons going on in the background and I
hope that is correct.  But such bold public declarations with a
definitive drop dead date for the sake of perceptions require more
than silence as a follow-up.

 --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, that hotel never spoke out against Weldon...or the city in
general.
> It's things like this selective enforcement that perpetuate the
idea that AP is a corrupt
> place. That being said, doesn't our city really need to work harder
to keep the citizens up
> to date on the progress of things they make public claims about,
like 72 hour deadlines
> and demolition orders?
> And what about the fact that even a year after launching the new
City of Asbury Park
> website, it still has non-working links etc? And that nobody is
watching over things close
> enough to have let the domain registration lapse (if that's the
case, which was posted
> here.
> Besides all the challenges our city faces, it also has to do a
better job with enforcing the
> things they state and doing a better job to keep citizens informed.
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <wernerapnj@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <hinge98@> wrote:
> > > And, what about any status updates about the Metropolitain
Hotel.