--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  That means that regardless of > income there are discounted
mortgages out there for homebuyers > because banks (not mortgage
companies, but banks) must comply with a > federal law called the
Community Reinvestment Act.

A few years back I posted that and if I'm not mistaken, those reports
on lending should be available fromt he bank. I think you have to
request it in writing, but my guess is Jen know the numbers. Another
reason why banks AVOID certain areas - no need to comply of not there.
So there's supposed to be a new bank coming into town. Part of the
Springwood ave plan should be to include a bank if it doesn't already.
Need a bank vs. check cashing (good business) on that side of town. You
have a 2 bank town. Make sense?

Banks are in the business to make money. So now they have no excuse,
since they can't control themselves (well they do control themselves
and screw the stockholders). Banks like corners as does every other
retailer. Springwood and Memorial, ATkins and Spring. Ave A and Spring.

Now if I were director of commerce or an africanamerican leader in the
community or maybe jsut a smart commercial real estate agent - I'd go
on google  and type in "african american banks" and start reading.
Actually, the first article would suffice:
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/03_14/b3827066_mz020.htm

part reads:
What's fueling the race is the rapidly rising wealth of African
Americans. Their growing deposits at the country's 31 black banks are
turning this once-sleepy niche into the fastest-growing segment of the
industry, experts say. "Black banks are feeding off the growing buying
power of blacks in every state," says Jeffrey M. Humphreys, an
economist at the University of Georgia who has studied the trend.

So wake up and take some action.

Never mind. I have a list of all these banks anyway and numbers.