You got my point exactly right, Oak.  The district was naturally
diversified by natural geograpghy for almost 100 years.

Then government intervened and segregated it by race and socio-
economic class.

I will credit Randy Bergmann of the AP Press for giving the issue
some coverage in editorial, but that paper should do a hell of alot
more on the issue.

I've proven completely ineffective.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I think regionalization of the school districts makes alot of
sense.
> But surrounding towns would have to choose between paying a
greater
> tax burden to support the AP schools seperately as they do or
> integrating the AP school district into their own.  Forced to make
> that decision I wonder which one the surrounding towns would
prefer.
> This touches on something that Tom has been talking about for
quite
> some time - the segregation of AP schools through a systematic
> withdrawl of students from other towns that are supposed to be
part
> of the overall district (I think I got that close to your point
> atleast, didn't I Tom).
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <jennifernjca@>
> wrote:
> >
> > More statistical wonking - state funding by school district is
> > available online at NJ Dept. of Education's website.  Here's the
> link
> > for Asbury Park  http://www.state.nj.us/cgi-
> > bin/education/stateaid/07/stateaid_cb2.pl.  The total was
> $58,127,605
> > for 2006-07 and on the site it breaks down the amounts by
different
> > categories.  Just for comparison, in Ocean Township the state
aid
> > amount was $9,333,647 and in Neptune $37,376,138.  Neptune is
also
> an
> > Abbott District.  Keansburg and Long Branch are the other two in
> > Monmouth County.  The list of current Abbotts is at
> > http://www.nj.gov/cgi-bin/education/abbotts/abbotturls.pl?
> > string=code&maxhits=100.  If anyone wants to know more about
Abbott