> What needs to done in Asbury and elsewhere, is to coordinate all
these different programs from non-profits. There are cases where
people abuse the assistance that is there - collecting from more then
one charity or provider. That bugs the heck out of me.  I was
> was offered a job at a non-profit  - that I turned down. I
coudldn't just "go along" .

I understand the aggravation of people who play the system.  There
will always be people who do.  There will also be people who expect
something for nothing.  Then there will be those who really want to
change their life.  One thing about working in financial and
homebuyer education that I've learned is to savor the successes and
let go of the failures.  Ultimately, I can only show people how to
fish.  I can't bait the hook and drive them to the river.

I won't claim to know every non-profit that works in AP, but I do
work in partnership with a lot of them.  I think a citywide
consortium would be great.  I'd love to be in the same building as
other organizations so I could refer people who need jobs to one,
people who need healthcare to another and so on.  Then they could
refer people to me for financial education.  I could also use
someplace affordable because I'd rather pay my staff than rent.
Operation costs are brutal for a non-profit.  There are very few
grants for ops so I would think a lot of organizations would be happy
to be together if just for sharing rent.

Jennifer