Proposal for the 5th Ave pavilion was shown at the Council Meeting
last night.

Just as I feared - it is a re-modeling - Aluminum, glass, stucco,
etc - to match the rest of the proposed pavilions.

The issue with this site is that the PLAN specifies a restoration -
it is identified as as a historcally significant piece of
architechture to the retained.

I brought it up and frankly - I don't think anyone  understood what
that means or the concept itself.

Even the TRC endorsed the proposal which I find particularly
troubling since they are the first 'gatekeepers' to assure that the
Technical aspects of the plan are followed.

I spoke with the Attorney involved and he stated that he believed
the plan was open to interpretation. I countered with - what if the
ConHall were proposed to be stuccoed over?

There is obviously a lack of knowledge about the preservation
elements of the PLAN on a broad level.

Werner