I was looking at the old Maxwell House factory in Hoboken, which I
thought was an absolute eyesore.. It turns out to be one of the first
instances of Bauhaus architecture to industrial design in the US. To
me, what was ugly, was something to someone in the world of
architecture. Architecture is like art in that way, what is
interesting and beautiful to some, may be ugly to others. Anyway, it
was torn down to make way for condos...

I think the AP Hojo is cool, I would like to see what can be restored,
be restored as long as it is reasonable to do so. Obviously some
buildings may be too far gone, making restoration impossible (Met
hotel??), but where it is possible, I think it is nice to preserve
history.

And yum, fried clam strips! :)

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>      The ex HoJo's on the Asbury Circle has similar styling.  I
think it's the Crystall Inn now?  It was built around the same time
that the boaredwalk HoJo was built i think