--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> There was a very nice story about Interfaith Neighbors in the APP
> recently http://tinyurl.com/23jkgf
> I've worked with the organization for years and build beautiful
houses
> amongst other great projects.  Here is another story about the most
> recent house they finished in Long Branch http://tinyurl.com/yurymq
> I had the pleasure of counseling this lovely family on downpayment
and
> mortgage options.
>
> There are lots of good things happening in AP.  Interfaith's next
house
> is going to be on Bangs Ave.
>
> Jennifer

And you said the magic word "family".

Given all their obstacles this family has succeeded where many can't.

Many people have to be educated into understanding homeownership.
family etc. You also have to ease some people off subsidized housing
and into homeownership. 5 years ago in ap, someone getting $1300
month in housing could of OWNED a home, given all other criteria
(job, credit etc). Maybe I'm making it simple - but it's the point.

There were many many options for homes to be purchased or seized for
taxes over the years in AP.

There still is.