There is one positive thing that I am aware of in this regard.  The
Chamber of Commerce has published the "2008 Explore Asbury Map" and
claims that it will be available up and down the Parkway and Turnpike
as well as "All Over Asbury".  (It is also available via their web
page.)  I'll make sure to have some with me as I meet new people next
weekend.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I completely agree.  It is truely sad how there is not a better
promotion of the downtown.  Simple signs directing people to the
Shopping District.  I mentioned this years ago to Gilmour.  If a
visitor travels down Asbury Ave and goes to the beach they may never
know about Cookman.  Streetscaping shoul have been done years ago.
Rather that putting in the parking system this year, money shouls
have been spent in this area.  Charge for parking next year when
there are facilities available with running water,

THE
> BEACH ARE GREAT...AND WE DO HAVE A GREAT DOWNTOWN...WITH SOME GREAT
> SHOPS...GREAT RESTAURANTS. ..AND GREAT PEOPLE...WHEN ON THE BEACH
TALK