this is a great post.  i too am guilty of avoiding city mtgs.   and
YES they should be recorded.  i have been toying with the idea of
buying a cam and doing it myself, but don't have the emotional immune
system to attend every one.

a network of citizen journalists who could share the responsibility
would be awesome.  to me it should be a wiki like site, people could
comment, create their own funny edits (hehehe...there are funny things
that happen)  and be free from any one source of ownership/control.

my favorite thing to watch is the council during public comment and of
course the ceremonious loffredo kissing!