Are you kiddin'?  I chuckled at your response about the part, where
you spoke to hear yourself, yada, yada!  That's why I STOPPED going.
Like beating a "dead" horse!  No disrespect, I just have a fatalist
attitude!  I realize that as good a human being YOU are and the few
little gripes, like a CLEAN park, SAFE lighting and a LITTLE
maintenance of the SAME, foesn't seem like much to us, your friends;
trust me, SOMEONE is reading, Dorfman, because this building is being
CLEANED, as you thought it should be.

Want me to paint you a picture?  Anyway, like the big bad wolf, bricks
are falling from the POWER CLEANER, man!  Those that know me, know
what I'm talking about.  No talking in CODE, for me!  No sirree Bob!
Unlike Werner, I'm no "freakin'" Historian, which is why I defer to an
expert like him, in these matters, but I digress, as usual.  Whatever!
I'll be near the reveiwing stands for all who care, today!  Hope to
see the "usual" suspects, today!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here's another thought. Once a council meeting happens, where does
one go to read
> about it? Certainly not on the city website. Maybe people would be
more interested in
> attending if they had the opportunity to see (if there were a video
archive) or read about
> what happens at the meetings.
> On a related note, I'm wondering what the issue was concerning the
Empress Hotel. Does
> anybody know anything about that.
> Also, does anybody think that the redevelopment of the 1st Ave.
pavilion kinda
> overstepped their bounds by blocking the view of the ocean side rooms?
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <hinge98@> wrote:
> >
> > Right on! Great post!
> > As one of those 17k people, i've attended council meetings, and
i'll be honest, being
> there
> > felt like a complete waste of my time. The one time I got up and
spoke before the
> council,
> > they sat there and stared at me like "see no evil, hear no
evil..." and I felt like I was just
> > talking to hear my own voice.
> > The reason I went was to talk about the appalling condition of all
of the fences
> > surrounding the various construction sites.
> > After that council meeting, I decided to try something different,
so I sent an email
> directly
> > to Hugh Lamie of MD Sass, which I believe is the parent company of
AP Partners. Within

<chris.hartsgrove@> wrote:

> > > True enough... but let's be realistic. Of that 17k, how many are
vocal? How many have
> > > voice, let alone one that's actually heard in what goes on in
the "rebirth" of Asbury
> Park?
> > > And how many of those voices are responsible for the insane
Imminent Domain
> policies,
> > > or the comical contracts entered into with redevelopers that
allow things like the
> > > wasteland that is the second two Kushner properties of the
Waterfront Skeleton Part II
> > > happen?
> > >
> > >  And if you want to bring up council meetings... what happened
earlier tonight? Let's
> > just
> > > see if anyone on this message board decides to talk about how
one of the most
> > successful
> > > night spots in the downtown was threatened with the loss of it's
very livelihood
> because
> > > few people seem to believe that we should all be in bed by ten PM.
> > >
> > > Please excuse me for generalizing... it's very easy to do when
you talk about large
> > groups
> > > of people. I kinda came of age in this town, and I would like to
believe that I have a
> > fairly
> > > decent grasp of the amorphous quality that makes this place
unique. When I look at
> the
> > > majority of vocal people in this town over the past 20 years,
I'm fairly disgusted that
> it's
> > > been allowed to fall to the lows that it has achieved. And the
fact that it's managed to
> > rise
> > > to the level that it has is being seriously undermined by a
vocal majority that's too
> busy
> > squabbling amongst itself to notice that the artistic, musical,
cultural, accepting,
> > > subversive, and downright beautiful qualities that make Asbury
Park unique are being
> > > stolen, torn down, paved over, and made into parking for fucking
Pier Village V2.0.