--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

One my neighbors the other day said "...well summer's over...if you didn't make
it by
mother's day...you're done...".

Now I've heard this before - from guys that had places along the boardwalk
years ago.
Francis is about 90 and still runs around. I asked him if he worked o the
boardwalk.
Worked it he yelled back. turs out his brother had the rides in long branch in
the 40's. He
had worked AP boat rides and the shooting gallery. Told me the shooting gallery
was real
ammo. People would be lined up down the boardwalk - in sutis and ties and
ladies i
dresses. "If they put down $5.00...we make sure they left with no change..."

The girls from the city would come down - amazed at what they saw...

So the question then becomes - what did THEY see that was so impressive?

Was it boarding houses
the way people dressed
the amenities offered
the music
the people

What is it TODAY that draw people to ANY BEACHFRONT town?

Is Belmar worse off or better off that ou can legally give the finger or there
are less
rentals?  Did taxes go down?

People come to the beach because of people, weather and to have fun. It's
summer.

I ehard a parent ask the guy at the mini-golf if they have season passes. Seems
like their
little kids will be there everyday.

And $5.00 today for mini-g is fair. Five years ago I cursed and grumbled about
it. You
should cars stopping just to look at it. I think they're in shock.

It's about time the reason for shock has changed.

Warm weather  = people.