Good pizza, sausage sandwiches, pork roll and cheese (the NJ state
sandwich), salt water taffy, candy apples, soft serve ice cream, hot
waffles with ice cream, orangeade, lemonade, cotton candy, steamers,
crabs, corn on the cob... I don't think of fine dining when I think of
boardwalk, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good idea.  I hate to say
it, but I do think of high prices.  It costs a lot to rent on the
boardwalk and that is passed on to the customer.  I was at Martell's
Tiki Bar in Point Pleasant Beach recently and paid $12 for a martini
same as AP's Beach Bar.  Maybe they could have an after Labor day
special where they roll back prices like they do for Taste of
Brooklyn.  I went to a full course meal at the River Cafe a few years
ago for $19.55 (the year the Dodgers won the penant), but drinks
weren't included.  Anyway, it was a great promo and a chance for people
like me to pretend I dined high end all of the time.
Jennifer