Hi, I thought I included your post? You were commenting on the need
for mixed uses. I was agreeing with that, but then saying that it
doesnt look like much has been done given the years that have gone
by.

I can see why there is a lot of criticism of how its been handled.
I'm still thinking of the big promo with Springsteen concerts and
all.

The places to stay are out of my price range, as are the 'nicer'
clubs and shops. The key to any good revitalization of a down and
out area is a mix thats affordable.

I dont see it and there is really not much entertainment wise in
reality. Funny that you dont think the boardwalk looks 'cheap',
perhaps you dont know what a place like the bandstand building is
supposed to look like?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "nobepeymay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "New Beetoap" <newbeetoap@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'll second that, it looked to me what Ive heard about in the
> media
> > did not get done. I thought Asbury was rebuilt over the last
> years.
> > Looks like a long wasy to go.

> first off another great weekend in AP.
>
> I am not quite sure to what you are agreeing to in my previous
> post?  The first time I visited AP was about 14 months ago and I
> think the city has made significant progress since my first
visit.
> as far as the boardwalk looking cheap....I am also in
disagreement,
> of course this is very subjective.  (keep in mind that it is not
> finished yet).
>
> If you look at where we could or should be now based on
expectaions