I guess you're asking for some input?  Just want others to know that's  not
my post.

I'll read the article and check out some other info after I recuperate from
the weekend , the heat, anxiety over cat's dental procedures, etc.   <grin>

In the meantime... Check out some of the golden parachutes that CEO's  of
failed ventures in the private sector  are getting.  .

In the public sector, at least the voters can vote out board members who
approve inappropriate out-a-sight salaries and other inappropriate
expenditures.
 (E.g., unusually high frequency of non-educational catered  luncheons as
reported by the state's audit of AP's school district.  And  fewer than 300
people turned out to vote in our last election.)

My current heroine is DC's Michelle Rhee, and IMO she's worth every cent
below because she has shown results in only one year since signing:

According to the Washington  Post, Mayor Adrian  Fenty presented the D.C.
Council with Michelle Rhee’s contract, which includes her  compensation
arrangement. According to the _Post_
(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/03/AR2007070302299.html)
 , Rhee will be the highest paid school
leader in the close-in D.C. metropolitan area.  Michelle Rhee will  receive:
    *   a salary of $275,000 annually with a $41,250 (one-time) signing bonus
 upon the D.C. Council confirming her to the position of Chancellor.
    *   a car and driver, paid by the District of Columbia government.

In a message dated 7/21/2008 12:46:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,