Where's the visuals?
Isn't this when a picture would speak volumes?
We have videos for everything else.
What is the dress code?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Traderdube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> *ASBURY PARK* — Police are investigating an incident in which a
group of
> black patrons, including a city firefighter and a downtown
> businesswoman, were refused entry late Friday night at the popular
new
> Beach Bar owned by Madison Marquette at Convention Hall.
>
> Police Chief Mark Kinmon said officers responded about midnight to
> disturbance outside the bar to find a group of people upset, some
> yelling and screaming.
>
> Kinmon said about five or six people were denied entry by the bar's
> security, being told the Beach Bar has a dress code and that they
were
> not dressed appropriately. Kinmon said they were wearing jeans and
> T-shirts with writing on them, and some wore baseball caps.
>
> The group of people claimed they were not allowed in because they
are
> black, Kinmon said. "We're investigating reports of the incident
being
> biased-related and forwarding the case to the Monmouth County
> Prosecutor's Office as a bias incident," Kinmon said. "They will
review
> it along with us. That's standard."
>
> Police arrested the businesswoman, LaDonna Young, charging her with
> disorderly conduct. The city firefighter was identified as David
Weedon.

> "Apparently a similar incident occurred on Saturday night, which
we're
> also looking into," Kinmon said. '
>
> He said people were told the bar's dress code, which was why they
could
> not enter, takes effect after 11 p.m.
>
> Madison Marquette officials said they are investigating.
>
> "We're aware there was an incident and, of course, are concerned,"
said
> marketing director Courtney Johnson. "We take such matters very
> seriously and are looking into what took place."
>
> "The investigation's under way, and we need to let the
investigation
> take its course," said City Manager Terence Reidy. "We take this
very
> seriously because it's critical that our beachfront and our
boardwalk be
> open to everyone in our city."
>
> The Beach Bar, which, according to company literature, has a
capacity of
> 400 people on the south and east verandas of Convention Hall, is
one of
> many new venues Madison Marquette opened this summer to revitalize
the
> beachfront.
>
> 001 ? 0033.02 -00003
>

>       In your voice
>

>           Read reactions to this story
>
> User Image
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?
category=pluckpersona&U=6d60e7cb9e0c4d519058e2144a30feb2>
> *rjs07712*
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?
category=pluckpersona&U=6d60e7cb9e0c4d519058e2144a30feb2>
> wrote:
> I'm white and I was turned away from the Beach Bar around midnight
on
> Friday. I think their dress code is stupid for an outdoor bar on
the
> beach, but I don't believe it was racist. Equally stupid is
McLoone's
> "Cover up your beach attire" dress code for lunch outside on the
> boardwalk. Either way, I just moved onto a different place that
seems to
> understand that people wear casual clothes at the beach. Or maybe I
> should put a suit & tie in my beach bag. (And by the way, my
clothes fit
> - I don't have jeans that are worn around the knee).
> 7/29/2008 8:59:31 AM
> I'm white and I was turned away from the Beach Bar around midnight
on
> Friday. I think their dress code is stupid for an outdoor bar on
the
> beach, but I don't believe it was racist. Equally stupid is
McLoone's
> "Cover up your beach attire" dress code for lunch outside on the
> boardwalk. Either way, I just moved onto a different place that
seems to
> understand that people wear casual clothes at the beach. Or maybe I
> should put a suit & tie in my beach bag. (And by the way, my
clothes fit
> - I don't have jeans that are worn around the knee). rjs07712
> Recommend <javascript:void('Recommend')>      New post
> <javascript:gsl.addquote(null);>      Reply to this Post
> <javascript:gsl.addquote("CommentKey:b3174905-6d27-41c3-9a89-
4964c94ed216")>
>       Report Abuse
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
AID=/20080729/NEWS01/807290455/-1/&source=nletter-news#none>

> User Image
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?
category=pluckpersona&U=b3faba31e1e44ebbaa51d51b022dc331>
> *DarkCity*
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?
category=pluckpersona&U=b3faba31e1e44ebbaa51d51b022dc331>
> wrote:
> To all i was there that nite and yes there were white folks in the
bar
> with jeans and t-shirts with writing on it, Just to set the record
> correct, we were told that we could not enter because we wore jeans
and
> one guy had on dockers and was denied because he did not have on a
belt
> and no his pants were not sagging, So while we stood to the side
> peacefully and observed the security guards allow 3 white males
entry
> right in front of us with jeans and not only jeans but one had
holes in
> his jeans. So you tell me is that fair.
> 7/29/2008 8:56:13 AM
> To all i was there that nite and yes there were white folks in the
bar
> with jeans and t-shirts with writing on it, Just to set the record
> correct, we were told that we could not enter because we wore jeans
and
> one guy had on dockers and was denied because he did not have on a
belt
> and no his pants were not sagging, So while we stood to the side
> peacefully and observed the security guards allow 3 white males
entry
> right in front of us with jeans and not only jeans but one had
holes in
> his jeans. So you tell me is that fair. DarkCity
> Recommend <javascript:void('Recommend')>      New post
> <javascript:gsl.addquote(null);>      Reply to this Post
> <javascript:gsl.addquote("CommentKey:9cab5442-8f47-46f2-a8f6-
a00be4433102")>
>       Report Abuse
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
AID=/20080729/NEWS01/807290455/-1/&source=nletter-news#none>

> User Image
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?
category=pluckpersona&U=38995bb73644404ea9dcb5673560cf92>
> *nedab*
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?
category=pluckpersona&U=38995bb73644404ea9dcb5673560cf92>
> wrote:
>
> Replying to kevinM:
>
>     What a joke!!! Get with the dress code, no pants that hang onto
you
>     thighs are allowed!!!
>

> you are assuming that their jeans were sagging. not all of us dress
that
> way. and besides that, people of other races drss that way too. you
> really need to address some personal issues that you have with
african
> americans. i hope you are not raising children!!
> 7/29/2008 8:51:09 AM
with the
> dress code, no pants that hang onto you thighs are
jeans
> were sagging. not all of us dress that way. and besides that,
people of
> other races drss that way too. you really need to address some
personal
> issues that you have with african americans. i hope you are not
raising
> children!! nedab
> Recommend <javascript:void('Recommend')>      New post
> <javascript:gsl.addquote(null);>      Reply to this Post
> <javascript:gsl.addquote("CommentKey:8b3f418a-72c3-4ce5-9c1c-
4a5a276b953c")>
>       Report Abuse
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
AID=/20080729/NEWS01/807290455/-1/&source=nletter-news#none>

> User Image
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?
category=pluckpersona&U=38995bb73644404ea9dcb5673560cf92>
> *nedab*
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?
category=pluckpersona&U=38995bb73644404ea9dcb5673560cf92>
> wrote:
>
> Replying to msgrto:
>
>     I'm tired of pretending these low-lives are being discriminated
>     against - just because they say so. They feel comforable lying
and
>     screaming because you, The Sheeple, have accepted all of their
>     nonsense as bible. Even when Al Charlatan was found to have
made up
>     the entire Tawana Brawley scandle, even after he lied to hurt an
>     innocent white man and it was proven, you fools pretended he
was a
>     man of honor and to this day listen to his lies and nonsense.
You
>     slobs are pathetic!
>
>     What does it cost to have the County investigate this nonsense?
Is
>     it free? When does it end? How much money should we throw down
the
>     toilet until YOU get tired of paying, paying, paying for fools?
>

> what makes you think that these people were low lives? or do you
> consider all african americans low lives? believe it or not, some
of us
> are law abiding citizens that dress properly, are educated, and
actually
> have real professions!! how dare you generalize people that way.
> 7/29/2008 8:48:47 AM
pretending
> these low-lives are being discriminated against - just because they
say
> so. They feel comforable lying and screaming because you, The
Sheeple,
> have accepted all of their nonsense as bible. Even when Al
Charlatan was
> found to have made up the entire Tawana Brawley scandle, even after
he
> lied to hurt an innocent white man and it was proven, you fools
> pretended he was a man of honor and to this day listen to his lies
and
> nonsense. You slobs are pathetic!<br /><br />What does it cost to
have
> the County investigate this nonsense? Is it free? When does it end?
How
> much money should we throw down the toilet until YOU get tired of
> />what makes you think that these people were low lives? or do you
> consider all african americans low lives? believe it or not, some
of us
> are law abiding citizens that dress properly, are educated, and
actually
> have real professions!! how dare you generalize people that way.
nedab
> Recommend <javascript:void('Recommend')>      New post
> <javascript:gsl.addquote(null);>      Reply to this Post
> <javascript:gsl.addquote("CommentKey:9b462f83-d188-44c5-a941-
8f176b8b97c9")>
>       Report Abuse
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
AID=/20080729/NEWS01/807290455/-1/&source=nletter-news#none>

> User Image
> <http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?
category=pluckpersona&U=d46512b6cf164670b4f1800fe704d6a8>