--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "radio881gal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> People also need to realize that this tax break was given for 42
> years vs the previous agreement of 20 years.

Politics.

PHSSENIORLIVING.ORG

They provide a service to the seniors. They runa business that began
under the "presbyterian homes" banner (lots of them in every state).

In addition to their "fund raising" through their foundation, you can
assume that they and all other "non-profit" co's like PHS lobby pretty
good.

That's why it looks like all their communities and others like it are
able to issue tax exempt bonds to purchase or expand

In the long run, it helps out a group of people who need it.

And, as I said before, my grandmother was happier then hell from her
6th floor ocean front unit til she died around 1986. So shed had
around 10 years there and walked the BW everyday.

PHS is a business. A unique business model.