YOU're the one, asking should AP have another museum, not me.  I took
it to mean what I posted.  Tongue in cheek.  Since I live and pay
taxes here, I have the option of speaking FOR Asbury Park.  Museums
give a City character and prestige, just as the new eateries and shops
do. It means that the residents are cultured and believe in preserving
the past.  You know full well, that I'm not new, as you put it, in
this group.  I'm that "other" group; you know, the dominant group in
Asbury; the Blacks!  I vote, I matter and I count!  I'm unashamed of
my rich heritage and culture.  I should know; I was born and raised in
New Orleans, Roman Catholic by birth, 5th generation of Catholics from
slavery, in a predominantly Catholic area.  I still have family and
friends there.

I came here, in 1968, to visit, look the place over and see if I'd
care, to live here.  I moved here, in 1970, after the riots.  If you
ask 10 people what caused the riot, you get 10 different answers, from
"natives".  I've heard rumors, bad and good about this place, but this
much I do know, some of the finest human beings live, work and play
here.  Asbury Park, is a place with a heart and soul.  Many came here
for all the right reasons.  There ARE posters, who don't live here,
but grew up as you did, elsewhere, (I'm assuming).

Not being a native, I don't have that much room to talk either, but to
some, I've been here so long, I'm spoken to, as though I came WITH the
place.  I love that.  I love the honor and respect I get in the most
unexpected places.  When stories are related to me of past years, I
remind the speaker, that I didn't grow up here and I'm told, "Well you
MISSED it", while I chuckle away.

Hey, I forgot; opinions are like your rear end, everybody has one.  If
I've insulted you, I humbly apologize!  A REAL woman isn't to big to
say she's sorry!  Remember that.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "This is an Asbury Park Group and you live in Ocean Twp., so what's
>
> your problem?  So, should the museum be in Ocean Twp.?  Just asking."
>
>      What's my problem?!  What's yours??? ...   I think maybe you
are new to the group, since I havn't seen your name posting to often.
What difference does it matter where someone lives? Half the people on
here are not from Ap, or are only there on weekends.  Everyone on this
group, for the most part, has the same intentions.  To make AP the
best it can be, or discuss different things going on in the city.
>       Not sure what point you are trying to make..........If the
museum represents AP's music scene, both past and present, what good
would it do being located in Ocean twp???