>> if they tweaked the plan and put some affordable
hotels/motels on the beachfront, this would be a family vacation place
in part. You can see that happening already. Not to emulate PP or SH.
Mini golf and a little water park and the greatest draw of all - a
clean, safe and affordable beach. Places for mom and dad (or mom and
mom, or dad and dad) to eat, drink and shop.

We are that family.  The clean beach is a HUGE plus, the food was
affordable, and the BW wasn't clogged with the waste-of-money junk
stores that make it agonizing for families with two or three kids that
want "Invisible Dogs".

We belong to a liberal church, and believe me, we will spread the word
that AP is a good vacation spot for kids with gay parents, or for gay
kids with straight parents.

My 15-yo daughter is on the youth board of a 65-church district (UU's).
  They just had a training workshop at Grove Hall.  It worked out
*great* for us to drop her off and relax in AP - we will suggest it to
other families next year.

Who markets AP?  Run ads in the programs at regional pride fests and gay
newsletters.

--Tracy