I agree it would be cool.  I would not want to see the city flip the bill as I
think there are many things that need funding first.

----- Original Message ----
From: Jack Pitzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:23:49 PM
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: What about WIFI on our boardwalk and beach?

I honestly don't think it's about making money, it's more about adding a cool
and
attractive thing to the beach/boardwalk. If you go to most of the coffeeshops
on
Cookman, they have free WIFI. I could see a benefit from having it at the
beach. It would
be just one other thing to sell the idea of coming to our boardwalk to the
masses.
Blackberry people and anybody who uses WIFI would love it.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, Allan Peterson <nnjallans1@ ...> wrote:

> They have tried this is several cities and it has not made any money.

tech
> friendly. Having wifi at the beach for free could really help us, because it
> could be
> advertised as a benefit to our parking and beach fees. No other nj town or
> city that I
know
> of is offering such a service. Could set an example with this, and get
> publicity at the
same