Plus: Some places in NYC do it this way. Run banners ads if you want the service free. Pay a fee for no ads.

On Aug 26, 2008, at 4:50 PM, bob73121 wrote:

I tried to get traction with this idea twice before. Once about one
and a half years ago throgh the UEZ coordinator. My idea then was to
coordinate with the Board of Education, the UEZ, the Chamber of
Commerce, and Asbury Partners to fund a WiFI for the City as a whole.
One, it would give school kids a free link to the outside world, and
two, it would have provided a great publicity link to both the
downtown and the boardwalk areas. Nothing was done.
Lastly, I talked to Gary Motolla about one year ago about this idea,
and he did not show any interest indicating problems with the
technology.
Bob