Jack,
While I understand your concerns, I do not think calling someone lazy due to
their unwilling to vote for Obama is fair.  Stating that one is a shallow
thinker or saying if you vote for this party then you are not a citizen again
is unfair.  Sometimes a person is more comfortable with the same rather than
the unknown.  While I do not know if McCain would be exactly the same, there
are several things that make me a bit uneasy about Obama.  He has friends on
the extreme left, he has said that Iran is a small country and we don’t need to
worry about them, and his plans to cut the military funds at this time all
makes me uneasy.  I have not made my final pick yet because there is so much
more that we need to learn.  While Obama says he will cut taxes and increase
healthcare, I need to know how this will be paid for.  This should all be
addressed in the debates and after I will make an informed decision.  You
mentioned how FOX ran commercials during
 the Gore address.  I noticed that too and flipped to CNN but it was the same
speech everyone else was giving.  I did not find that unbalanced since Gore is
not running for office and as far as we know has not been named to join the
administration.  When Obama made his first trip to Iraq a few months ago, all 3
major networks traveled with him as if he was already in office.  I found this
unfair since McCain has gone there several times and these trips were not
escorted by the top anchors on the major networks or even reported.
 I will tell you that I voted for change when we got a new majority congress
and I have been completely unhappy.  Pelosi made so many promises about what
will be done in the first 100 days and I have yet to see some action.   I felt
the need to respond to your post since you asked, but I think we would be
better off keeping this message board focused on Asbury Park.