--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "fancypaaantz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I think to be "proud" is the wrong word when one is referring to
> something over which one has no control (at least by birth). I was
> born in the USA, I am a woman, etc. Am I "proud" to be a woman? Am
> I "proud" to be an American? As a word choice, I always found that
> odd. I am proud of my accomplishments, but I am not "proud" of
> things I had no control over.

Be happy that you were been given the opportunity to succeed (by
birth to successful parents) and took advantage (the opportunity) to
succeed.

Success and opportunity are funny words also.

Even if I go away and come back into Newark airport with its real
ugly views as you land - you're still back. Even if that means coming
back from Flordia.

In the US, you have opportunity to succeed and to fail. Failure here
in the US is not as big a deal as it is elsewhere.

Even prisoners in the US have rights and opportunity to succeed.

Banks and CO's all have the right to fail - with no consquences to
those that drove the failures.

Hara-kiri should be their option.