--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "fancypaaantz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> As a realtor, are you not very concerned about where we are as a
> nation? One of my realtor friends comes here to go to the clinics
in
> Asbury for medical care bc things have gotten so bad.

Selling real estate isn't for all. Not for me either. Commercial is a
different story - if you're good and hustle and don't waste time
posting shit on the net.

I showed a condo in N. Beach today. So was it the best use of my
time. Don't know. I can look at it as I met a real nice couple that I
spent around 3 or 4 hours with in AP then Long Branch. Will they buy?
If they do, time well spent, if not it sucks - for now.

Would I be doing this had my wife not gone back to work with a pretty
good salary and I shifted paying my own bennies as self employed at
$1200 per month to her at around $900/month?

There will be a big shakeout in the in the field. Why? How many
homeowners and banks will eventually shift from using real estate
agents and commissons will continue to be reduced. Why? The Internet.
Realtor.com may have millons and millons of visitors but so do other
sites. The various listing services are all there...more and more
advanced services will be there and you just might be able to sell
your home on your own if set at a fair market price. Takes time and
patience - so therefore you find a real estate agent. There's no
science to it.

One Real estate agent said you don't make money in real estate
SELLING houses, you make money listing them. Sign here, see ya later
let some one else sell. YOu can take more listings quicker then
hauling someone around and wondering why a door doesn't close right
ot whether or not the paint in the bathroom is the right color...

time management and a second or third source of income helps.