--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle Obre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> is it this guy Werner?

http://www.orthodoxresearchinstitute.org/resources/hierarchs/constantinople/former/jo
hn_thermon_athenagoras.htm

> around the late 40;s 50's?  sorry..kinda dumb of me not to go there
> first, but i would have needed help anyway..its not that clear..there
> is also a constantinople guy.

Seems so, This will clarify: http://tinyurl.com/3u9753

(http://www.greeknewsonline.com/modules.php?
name=News&file=article&sid=9073&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

"...His Eminence, Metropolitan Evangelos will also conduct a Trisagion Service
for the late Patriarch Athenagoras and place a wreath over a statue erected by
the City of
Asbury Park in his honor on the Boardwalk. The Holy Cross Celebration and
Blessing of
the Waters in Asbury Park was instituted by the then Archbishop of North and
South
America and later Ecumenical Patriarch Athenagoras in 1947, with the prayer
that the
world's oceans, which connect all peoples of the Earth, could also become
vessels that
transmit the hope and triumph of Christ's Cross.

The Holy Cross Celebration in Asbury Park, NJ, held annually in September on the
first Sunday following the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, is considered to be
one of
the watershed and joyous events of the New Ecclesiastical Year for the Greek
Orthodox Metropolis of New Jersey, and as such, draws Orthodox Faithful from
throughout the Metropolitan area who join together in prayer as the one Body of
Christ."

Werner