--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sharon_b283" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> No, you don't know!  In the 256 apartment dwelling I live in, many
of
> the "dyed in the wool" Asbury Park residents have served either as
> council or some governing board, so your "biased" thinkig that
renters
> or apartment dwellers don't have the interest of the City at heart,
is
> erroneous!  In this very building former Mayor Kramer lived on the
> 15th Floor with his Filipino Wife!  Many police Officers still live
> here, Firemen and City workers.

That's why I made sure to write "this is all very unscientific, but
might it be that property owners tend to be more compelled toward
public service? I emphasize "tend" there. I'm sure there are plenty
of apartment dwellers working for the city."

I was hoping someone would fill in the factual blanks to my
speculation and you did, so thank you for that.

So what do you think is the best way to make sure all residents are
equally represented in city government? Could a ward system work?
Something else?