"There you go. A business. Go buy a bunch of metal garbage cans and
spray them all kinds of cool colors. Market them as as green as they
may be made from recycled stuff and can always be recycled again."

My neighbor bought metal trash cans thinking they would last forever.

They lasted three weeks.

The trash collectors have a habit of banging the cans against the truck
in an effort to 'unpack' the contents. Plastic cans retain their shapre
while the metal cans do not.  These failed along the seams.

I've got two plastic sears trash cans from 1963.