Ahhh now that is frightening!

I guess Justified Right also did not enjoy Hair (a musical about the
Vietname War, free love, etc) this summer.... And I hope he does not
watch SNL... Stay away from the MET museum because you will see
poltics thorughout the ages in there.

Music wise, I would say stick with Spear's new album, probably not
much politics in there!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What if Bill O'Reilly or Keith Olberman decided to start a music
career?
> Would people be crying "shut up and spin"?
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "fancypaaantz" <fancypaaantz@>
wrote:

> > Ok, so your position is:
> >
> > Bruce, you have the right to speak, but shut up because I don't
like
> > what you have to say. You are a musician so stick to
entertaining me
> > with no mention of politics.
> >
> > Kind of a useless position, but you are correct that you have
> > a "right" to say that.
> >
> > Music has always been a a conduit for political speech, think
back
> > to the songs around the time of the Vietnam war. The same is
true
> > about art, theater, comedy, books, movies.... Go back and
> > read "Waiting for Lefty" a play about trying to unionize during
the
> > depression and being accused of being a commie. The examples are
> > endless-- art and poltics are intertwined. I dare say that many
of
> > these forms of speech are often the most moving  and powerful
forms
> > of POLITICAL speech, and the most protected by the First
Amendment.

> > So, yes you have the right to say that entertainers, artists,
etc
> > should divorce themselves from politics, but that is a silly
> > position, is it not? And something that will never happen.
> >

> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
> > <justifiedright@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Why do people like you assert that folks like Ms. Lallo and me
are
> > > attacking Springsteen's "right" to speak?
> > >
> > > We aren't.  We are speaking too.
> > >
> > > We're sayhing, "Shut up and Sing."
> > >
> > > By disagreeing with me, should I say you are attacking
me "right
> > > speak?"
> > >

> > > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "fancypaaantz"
<fancypaaantz@>