Look, I could spend my afternoon listing out all my reasons for
thinking she is terrible and back it up with links to source
materials.

Then you would counter each point with your own source materials.

I would not convince you, you would not convince me. So, it is
pointless and a waste of time.

I never said anything about her daughter. I can only say if it was
MY daughter, I would counsel he to give the baby up for adoption and
to continue with her education and that marriage is hard enough
without rushing into it as teenagers. What Palin and her daughter
discuss is their own business. Unlike Palin, I actually think these
types of social issues should be outside the scope of most
government intervention.

I think why most people talk about it though (and the media brings
it up) is because of the fact that Palin is pro life AND is against
teaching about birth control. So, I am assuming that Palin advised
her daughter to abstain and did not teach her about birth control.
If she practices what she preaches. Therefore, her daughter is an
example of how that practice failed to prevent teen pregnancy. And
bc she is so in the spotlight, naturally people will talk about it.

Interesting that you bring up Bill and Monica, that topic was
covered in that SLUT! book as well. Bill and Monica engaged in the
acts together, and he was married, she wasn't. He was a powerful
man, she was a young woman with no power. But how is Bill viewed
now? I mean generally? Now, compare that to how Monica is viewed-
can that woman even show her face? The evil "slut" that she is,
right? Now, I am not condoning their acts. But, I think it is an
interesting example of the perception of female sexuality. The woman
is always to blame, she is always the slut.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"