I would argue that a big part of the reason we are in this mess is
that citizens don't talk about politics enough. I have no gripe
against MM (and my posts will illustrate that..i am usually
complaining about the complaining). However public officials are
another story. And NJ has a good history that begs for more citizen
participation and "judgmental comments". Any elected official who
understands they are there to SERVE their constituents doesn't mind
criticism. And again with our history, they should even be open to
blatant citizen suspicion. But I have nothing to gain from any AP
power brokers. That gives me some freedom in this respect.

The Doggy Yappy Hour was one of the most joyful experiences in AP I
have had (though I have many). Sharon, the reasons you gave for not
going are precisely why you should go. 100 percent surround sound joy.
I have a 15 YO Lab mix who will probably not be around in a month, so
I didn't bring her, but what sweetness it was to be there.

If you want to be good to animals and yourself, and the
environment.... STOP EATING THEM!!! I will spare you my veg rant and
the links to various videos that would fill you with disgust when you
realized the suffering you consume every time you eat meat.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Debbie DeLisa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think it is very sad that this group has focused all of their time
and energy on politics and judgemental comments on Madison Marquette
and the City Council.  At this time in our lives where we are facing
an extreme financial crisis we should be trying to support each other
and surround this board with positive thoughts. On Monday the Asbury
Park Press ran a 2 page article on the Doggy Yappy Hour at The Wonder
Bar.  Not one person from this group mentioned it or took the time to
comment on it.  This is what brings our community together---Positive
events we can share with others from our neighborhood and out of town.
 It is not about drinking---I don't drink--it is about comraderie and
being able to share quality time with a pet who shows unconditional
love.  The most important result of this article was before noon on
Monday we had 7 calls for adoptions from as far away as Pennsylvania.
 The look in these little one's eyes when they are bundled up and
taken to a nice warm home is all I need to make me feel that THIS is
what life is all about!

> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 04:59:12
+0000Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: On Asbury....

> good questions. who DOES run ap? part of me doesn't care. part of me
does.but i DO care about who is bad mouthing CH. Sharon you go in
there andtell me you think its 'sorry'. there is nothing sorry about
the place. --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, 'sharon_b283'
<sharon_b283@> wrote:>> Which raises the point, one MO time; Who runs
Asbury Park? I know> that the Council has their regularly scheduled
meetings, 1st and 3rd> Wednesdays, they do great parades, sponsor
great events, are great> people individually, but what was signed away
or taken over with or> without their permission? Did MM buy the
boardwalk and beach, too?> > Every time I read here that Convention
Hall looks 'sorry' inside it's> doors, I think, 'Where are the City
Officials' and 'When is anyone> going to complain about it, where it
matters'? Could someone tell me> where to complain, officially?> > ---
In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, 'wernerapnj' <wernerapnj@> wrote:> >> >
--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, 'Gabrielle Obre'> >
<gabrielleobre@> wrote:> > >> > > i never got the problem with the
containers...it was a cheap and> > > creative way to quickly put up
income generating space and gavepeople> > > an opportunity to have a
small biz. you need to have cash coming in> > > no? i doubt it stopped
anyone from coming here. whoever complains> > > about them needs to
get over their sad ass selves. and i hopeyou are> > > all as good
looking as you want everything else to be. i hopethey are> > > here
next summer.> >
> > They are on property not owned by APartners or MM.> > They pay no
property tax on the land or structures.> > They diverted $$$ from
improving tax paying pavilions.> > The City needs Tax revenue.> > The
City (public, public property) is being abused.> > They are visually
intrusive in a Historic District.> > > > Unfortunate that you think
such concerns are 'sad assed'.> > > > Werner> >>