--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle Obre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't get where you are coming from. Do you live here? Own property
> here? you haven't been here is several months? if you haven't been
> here is several months, whats your gripe and what do you care? you
> sound like one of those freaks on APP boards curiously bent on
> badmouthing AP.  You obviously haven't been enjoying it here. i have,
> and i am not alone. I am sorry AP isn't bringing you pleasure or a
> return or whatever you are looking for. i moved here because i love
> it. still do, with all its imperfections. i am more in love all the
> time. that doesn't mean i don't think the budget should be looked at
> etc..but love is more in spite of than because of.
>
> come down. ill meet you for a tea, drink, tour of our beautiful
> unfinished little city.
>

> > Yes you are wrong... if you search the group archives you would see
> > that i visited AP several months ago after being subjected to all the
> > positive hype about how its been rebuilt,restored,remade,
> blah,blah,blah.
> >
> > What a huge disapointment.. i posted my thoughts about how could so
> > little have been done in 6 or 7 years...i wrote about the horrible
> > treatment of the bandshell building and how cheap the container
> > buildings and monotonous stucco looked.
> >
> > There is something seriously wrong down there and the locals seem to
> > be blind to it...the popular chants being 'its better than it was' and
> > 'so much has improved in the last year' or 'give it time'.
> >
> > I think you all need to get out and go someplace where real
> > redevelopment happens, it doesn't take years, glorify shipping
> > containers, stucco over historic buildings or drive the town into
> > financial ruin.
> >
> > Last i heard the entire beachfront was supposed to be done by Memorial
> > day, it wasn't, then i heard Labor Day... it it all done ???

Gab, Your missing a very significant aspect of Asbury Park.
Many people have never been here yet follow the news and care about the City.
Its reasonable to have expectations based upon the news "hype" thats put out.
Most likely you have not followed the workings here as long as others who may
not even live here ?

By all accounts this entire redevelopment should be completed by now.
Thats what the public was/is told. Is it any wonder that a visitor is
disappointed
by shipping containers, vacant lots, monotonous architecture and little to show
for all the hype?

Werner