--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle Obre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would argue that a big part of the reason we are in this mess is
> that citizens don't talk about politics enough. I have no gripe
> against MM (and my posts will illustrate that..i am usually
> complaining about the complaining). However public officials are
> another story. And NJ has a good history that begs for more citizen
> participation and "judgmental comments". Any elected official who
> understands they are there to SERVE their constituents doesn't mind
> criticism. And again with our history, they should even be open to
> blatant citizen suspicion. But I have nothing to gain from any AP
> power brokers. That gives me some freedom in this respect.

Its a 'small town mentality' in a place with 'big City problems'.

Go against the flow and your invites to parties will dry up.
You'll be un-invited to participate on committees, etc...
... excommunicated... exiled... and eventually... locked up.

Sure you want to keep asking questions about local politics ??
Guess its safe in your case, go for it.

Werner