--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sandpiper15" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You hit the nail on the head, but if you build it, will they come?
> Which is to say, even if a company like AT&T (or Google, or Pfizer,
> or what-have-you) were to build an office in AP, how many local
> parents would get jobs there? What about the single parents of kids
> in 1st grade at Bradley or Marshall now? Would the presence of an
> office tower automatically mean that those parents would be working
> there and, subsequently, more deeply involved in their kids' academic
> lives in seven years?

Waiting for the smoke to clear in the economy. My idea, which brought
up to the city (and will work on it) for the city hall site envisions
getting an office developer to build a large building CONNECTED to a
new transit center, underground parking and new city facilities
(condo). City can partner with developer instead of selling the site.
Tax benefits for transit center developments help pay the construction
costs. Couple that with electrifying the NJ coast line and running
more express trains.;