I'm reading through the second article in Realtor magazine which gets
dumped in our mailbox.

http://www.realtor.org/realtormag

1. end of second article "...I haven't stopped believing in real
estate ownership as both a weath builder and one of the great
pleasures of life. During this trying economic time, I'll gladly keep
using my influence to reinforce that point of view and remind our
readers and rest of Main Street that both ral estate and stock market
will rise again."

2. same story she asks herself "are we (realtors) part of the blame.
Should we have been leary of the free money - but we all made money
and ral estate was s sought after investment....

Well, for one, real estate agents aren't financial advisers, depsite
what many think.

Here's a good question to ask if someone tells you it will go up or
is such a great investment...

If it's so good, why you telling me and why aren't you buying it? or
hey, how about going partners with me?

Try it.

As for the second part, some of the most successful old time brokers
did and still do go partners on buildings. They roll in their
commissions then take a management fee and commissions.

Like asking your stock broker or a financial advisor to show you
their net worth or tax return for the past five years.

Believe in yourself and get multiple quotes or opinions.

Sometimes it great to have "missed the boat".