--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "jandlinap" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

... but were do the funds come from?

Obama is supposed to save the world.

Be creative, get creative funding. UEZ, Chamber, grants etc. Good
luck.

>>>... I believe the the downtown and the boardwalk business are
codependent.

In theroy, they are. But if the BW can keep one's attention all day
AND night, then the DT needs more.

You're all going after the same $. That's where MM will or could
bring in the additional market - the family. Cleary the downtown has
more or less zero as a family destination - for eating, shopping etc.

The boardwalk has the beach and ocean. A typical family thing.

>>> we need to promte ap as a great place to shop dine visit... its
safe its fun.. there are all type of  activites and a warm and
vibrant community.

Yes it is. And you're target market is....?

>>..the bailout for the small business person..

when we were on the BW years ago-  there were no bankers to loan
money to two idiots. My sone asked me last night , so where did you
get you're money to open? $5k off my Grandmother, $5k off my partners
aunt and the rest the two idiots worked, didn't go out boozing or
smoking or pissing it away on girlfriends, we saved it. When it
rained, it rained. There were some good suppliers. They delivered
supplies, we shook hands and they advised along the way to be smart.
Tommy's ice Cream, Asbury syrup etc etc. The old guys that knew the
business. They were like partners.

>>its not business as usual we have to offer the consumer
> something that will make them walk away feeling they have received
> value...in product.. food ...drink...etc

My son and I spend a few hours in Frank's on Main Street.

>>its not business as usual we have to offer the consumer
> something that will make them walk away feeling they have received
> value...in product.. food ...drink...etc

Again, go to Franks and watch and learn.

My son gets it and when he leaves there he feels - something that
made him walk away feeling we received value...in product..
food ...drink...etc

He went to the Turning Point once.

He's not a fancy kid. I call him cheap.

Here's a last thought on business:

There was a real cure restaraunt in Ocean Grove once. We'd go there
often as we could. Great food, BYOB etc etc.

"You must order two meals" . Ok, so we'd order two meals and just
make one to go.

Then they saw an opportunity to buy a building AP. They did. It was
more involved then what they thought. They were pioneers. They nearly
lost their shirt. So today the place is bigger and different and has
hits and misses. I don't know the whole story but Moonstruck created
a destination. First in Ocean Grove, then in AP.